Innalillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Roji'un, our whole Indonesian nation condolence-deep - it the death one of the sons and one of President Republic Indonesia, KH. Abdurrahman Wahid, who usually called Gus Dur. He died on December 30, 2009 at 06.45 pm in Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital, Jakarta - Indonesia, due to illness and was buried in Pondok Pesantren Tebu Ireng, Jombang, East Java, Indonesia on December 31, 2009 at 01.45 pm.
He is fourth President of Republic Indonesia (the term of October 20, 1999 - July 23, 2001) which at that time was accompanied by Mrs. Megawati Sukarnoputri as Vice President of the Republic Indonesia.
Gus Dur was the first son of six children, he was born in Denanyar, Jombang, East Java - Indonesia on August 4, 1940, and the actual birthday of Gus Dur is not a date. Indeed Gus Dur was born on the fourth day of the eighth month, but please note that the date is according to the Islamic calendar, the month of Sha'ban, the eighth month in the Islamic calendar actually the 4th of Sha'ban 1940 is on September 7, 1940.
His father, KH Wahid Hasyim is the former minister of Religious Affairs in 1949. Grandfather from his father is KH Hasyim Ash'ari, founder jami'yah Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), the largest Islamic mass organizations in Indonesia. His mother, Mrs. Hj. Sholehah, is the daughter of the founder of Pesantren Denanyar Jombang. Grandfather of the mother is KH Bisri Syamsuri also a NU figures.
Gus Dur has openly declared that he was descended from the Han Kim Tan, a Muslim who helped Tionghoa Raden Patah to seize power from the Majapahit kingdom and founded the Kingdom of Demak. Tan Kim Han himself and based on studies of a French researcher, Louis-Charles Damais identified as Sheik Abdul al-Shini Qodir who discovered his tomb in Trowulan, East Java, Indonesia.
* Elementary School in Jombang and then moved to Jakarta
* SMEP (High School of Economics) Gowongan Yogyakarta
* While studying at SMEP, Gus Dur also learning Krapyak boarding school in Yogyakarta
* After graduating SMEP, Gus Dur moved in Pesantren Tegalrejo, Magelang Central Java.
* After 2 years in Tegalrejo, Gus Dur moved to Pesantren Jombang, East Java.
* At the age of 22 years, Gus Dur left for hajj and continued his education at Al-Azhar University of Egypt.
* In 1966, Gus Dur moved to the University of Baghdad, Iraq, in the Department of Religion, until the year 1970.
Thus glimpse of life's journey Mr. Gus Dur, and hopefully his good deeds in Alloh SWT received.
Amien...amien...amien...Ya Robbal 'Alamien...
Good bye Mr. President, our prayers accompany your leaving.